Recipe: Creamy Vegan PB & J Swirl Ice cream
by Mira Naaman Iskandar, Co Owner of Nectar
Summer is wrapping up! Long summer days intertwined with ice cream and sun kissed skin fade as the fall enters with new goals, clean living and cooler months. In honour of summer days and getting back on track, my “go-to ice cream” is this creamy, vegan, peanut butter and jam creation. Peanut butter reminds me a fall and the back to school routine… what better way to celebrate it with a fun play with this treat. The texture of this “nice-cream” surprises me every time, its lusciously velvet, smooth texture will have you ditch the processed, sugar heavy dairy ice creams for this versatile blend. Have fun with the toppings and create your own signature blends.
- 3 frozen bananas (chopped before freezing)
- 1 Tablespoon non-dairy milk (almond or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 T creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon roasted peanuts (chopped)
- Put frozen bananas in food processor or blender, pulse to break up the chunks, then process till creamy consistency is achieved. If needed, add 1 T non-dairy milk to achieve smooth ice cream consistency.
- Blend strawberries, peanut butter and vanilla into ice cream creating chunky swirls.
- Pour or scoop ice cream into bowl, top with suggested toppings (cocoa nibs, extra peanut butter, peanuts and/or bee pollen.
Nectar is a healthy, made-to-order juice bar nestled within the zen walls of Bodytree Studio. Offering both comfortable café seating as well as quick “to-go” options, Nectar is unique in that they do not use any additives, preservatives or artificial sweeteners in their juices, smoothies and healthy snacks. Menus and more at www.lifeisnectar.com