Recipe: Keto Fall Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Created by Nadia Sehweil
These donuts are the perfect treats for fall. I try to keep my sugar intake very low and avoid both refined & unrefined sugar as often as possible. Baking with Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener can be tricky but with the right mix of ingredients you can avoid the metallic taste. These donuts are a great treat, satiating and won’t spike your blood sugar levels and mess with your hormones! The pumpkin adds a nice healthy kick, and the cinnamon and spices are a great way to balance your blood-sugar levels. Hope you enjoy as much as I do!
Love, Nadia x
- 2 ½ cups finely ground almond flour
- ¼ tsp aluminium free baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 eggs separated
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (I love Kerrygold butter), melted & cooled to room temperature
- ¾ cup organic pumpkin puree (I prefer fresh pumpkin over canned. Steam fresh pumpkin, cool then puree)
- ½ tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (or use monkfruit/erythritol of choice)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
For the coating:
- ¼ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetner – Golden
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Avocado oil to cover the donuts
- Heat oven to 190 ºC.
- Lightly butter the donut pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt then set aside.
- Whisk egg whites until they get very thick & foamy with an electric mixer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 2 egg yolks, butter, pumpkin, vanilla extract, spices & monkfruit until smooth.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Gently combine dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture.
- Spoon the mixed batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for approximately 15 mins until donuts are lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to cool for 10 mins in pan before removing then place on a wire rack to continue cooling.
- For the topping: In a small bowl mix the Lakanto Golden sugar & cinnamon. Spray or lightly coat each donut with avocado oil then roll each donut in the mixture.
- Serve & Enjoy!
I source my Lakanto products on iherb.com.
Make sure you’re sourcing a pure avocado oil that isn’t mixed with any other oils or junk!
If you’d rather opt for a Paleo option you can use coconut sugar instead of monkfruit. I prefer the health benefits of a sugar free dessert.